As Asian Americans, we come from homelands that have been colonized and brutalized by war, but we have also led movements for liberation, and continue to struggle against imperialism.
For over 75 years, we have witnessed the Palestinian people rise up against Israeli settler colonial violence and occupation. We call on our Asian American community to join in support and organize to end Israel’s oppression of Palestinians.
The U.S. government bears responsibility for its political, economic, and military support of Israel’s apartheid regime, sending over $3.8 billion in aid per year. Our own American tax dollars fund this violence.
Each year, hundreds of U.S. law enforcement are trained by Israeli forces. Israeli techniques of repression and high-tech surveillance are used against Palestinians and then exported to U.S. officers who use them against Black and brown and Asian communities. Israel is also a global weapons exporter. Some of its biggest customers include India and the Philippines where Israeli arms are used to repress Asian movements for justice.
At 18 Million Rising, we are invested in building long term power to defund and divest from the weapons industry and halt institutional support for U.S. imperialism everywhere. We connect the genocide in Gaza to U.S.-sponsored violence, here in our own cities and around the world, to move us all toward collective liberation.
We’re organizing direct actions, hosting political education workshops, and coordinating
➪ We demand Pres. Biden and Congress call for a permanent ceasefire, stop funding and arming Israel, and release humanitarian aid into Gaza. We reject Biden’s proposal to send more weapons and aid to Israel, including his $106 billion dollar proposal to expand the U.S. war machine.
➪ We demand U.S. organizations and institutions divest from and cut ties with weapons manufacturers who are profiting off the genocide of Palestinians, including Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics, RTX/Raytheon, and Elbit Systems.
➪ We demand an end to both domestic and global warfare waged by the U.S. From police killings in our neighborhoods to military funding for Israel, we envision a world where all people live in freedom, justice, and dignity.
For those unable to attend an IRL action, we encourage folks to call, email, and even fax your Representatives, your City Council, and your Mayor! You can do it daily if you wanted to! Please encourage the staff, that they too can stand for a Ceasefire and that they can join us in our actions.
- Palestinian Feminist Collective: All Out for Palestine – Digital Action Toolkit
- AROC: Events
- Asian American Advocacy Fund Resource List
- USPCR: Stop Gaza Genocide Public Toolkit
- To join a local action, follow the US Campaign for Palestinian Rights
- Contact your electeds demand a ceasefire with Jewish Voice for Peace
Stay tuned for upcoming events in 2024. Here’s some of what we led or co-sponsored in 2023:
- Digital Security for Activists – Dec 7
- Queers for Palestine Power Hour – Dec 5
- Asians for Palestine Teach-In – Nov 29
- Phin for Palestine – Nov 19
- Joint Struggle for Palestinian Liberation & an End to Genocide – Nov 16
- Safer Together Online: An anti-Doxxing Train the Trainers – Nov 13
- Digital Security for Activists – Nov 9
- Asians for Palestine Power Hour – Nov 7